Business Development Coordinator
Job Title: Business Development Coordinator
Location: 118, Blyth Community Enterprise Centre, Ridley St, Blyth NE24 3AG
Reports to: Centre Manager
Hours: This is a 35-hour, fixed term post until 30 June 2019.
Continuation after this period will be subject to funding.
Salary: £23,500 per annum.
Job Purpose Summary
To generate income for Blyth Initiative and Resource Centre (BRIC) through business development and funding applications.
- Identify and develop business opportunities to provide income streams for BRIC.
- Promote BRICs activities through Networking.
- Respond to tendering opportunities on behalf of BRIC that are in line with BRICs strategy.
- Monitor all tender applications and provide reports on progress for Board Meetings.
- Work with the Centre Manager to identify new income streams and potential commercial opportunities.
- Work with the Centre Manager to agree costings for courses and funding opportunities.
- Build positive relationships with potential clients and funders.
- Work with the Centre Manager to monitor projects and provide reports on achievements and outcomes as required.
- Maintain own professional development.
- Other responsibilities commensurate with job role to meet the needs of the organisation.
Skills and Experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of both the educational and charitable sectors
- In-depth knowledge of issues that potential clients of BRIC may present with
- Ability to work to and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to think creatively and problem solve
- Able to work on own initiative
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Able to work and react flexibly under pressure and with changing priorities
- Good knowledge of writing applications as part of the tendering process
- Flexible approach to the hours worked to meet the demands of the role
- Enthusiastic and energetic personality who has a ‘can do’ attitude
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
Successful applicants are subject to successful DBS clearance
BRIC is a small charity that officially opened in 1983 as a response to rising unemployment in the area. Today it continues to provide support to the unemployed and disadvantaged in Blyth and surrounding areas. The charity is well-respected in the area and continues to work on a number of projects both as an individual organisation and with like-minded partner organisations. Most of BRIC’s income is currently achieved through the tendering process.
However, both the Charitable and Educational sectors have seen many changes in recent years and therefore are challenging environments. To help BRIC continue and develop more sustainable income streams, we are looking to appoint a Business Development Coordinator.
Although initially a fixed term contract there is the real possibility that the successful candidate will generate sufficient income to be able to extend the role beyond the June 2019 date. There is the opportunity to make this role your own and to help BRIC to continue to achieve their strategic and operational objectives
The successful candidate will be a driven individual with, ideally, good knowledge and understanding of the educational and charitable sectors. Experience in writing successful tenders and funding applications would also be a great benefit. Effective networking skills and being able to respond creatively to potential opportunities are essential to help drive the business forward.
28 days annual leave exclusive of Bank Holidays
Bonus payable for exceeding Key Performance Indicators. This will be awarded if the role is extended past the initial fixed term end date.
BRIC is committed to welcoming people from a diverse background, culture and experience.
Please apply by emailing a copy of your CV with a one page Letter of Application that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of the Job Description.
Email address: email@example.com
Please put Business Development Corrdinator in the subject line of the email
Deadline for applications: 21st January 2019
Competence based interviews will be held for shortlisted candidates on: Friday 25th January 2019