CV Service (free for those on benefits and unemployed)
We can offer a one to one service for people requiring either a new CV or to update an old one. Slots are available at various times during BRICs opening hours so give us a call and we will book your appointment.
Drop In Service/ Access to Computers
Come along to our drop in service for help with creating and using a new email, how to register and use Find a Job, how to job search effectively and how to apply for jobs. You can simply use the computers, with or without support.
Every Tuesday and Thursday 09:30 – 12:00
BRIC’s employment service is aimed at all members of the community that are 16 years and over who require support in finding or retaining sustainable employment, or gaining new skills and knowledge. The service is confidential and operates on a one-to-one ‘respond to need’ basis. BRIC is able to offer intensive support to suit the individual client’s needs which may include face to face interaction, support via e-mail, telephone and fax, as well as one to one and group workshops. The service also provides support with:
• Creating a personalised CV.
• Providing up to date information about the current status of the employment market.
• Access and support with job searching facilities such as using the internet and local network opportunities.
• Providing guidance and practical assistance with interview techniques, job etiquette and personal presentation.
• Assisting with application forms, cover letters and expressions of interest (paper and online based).If you have a CV on your home computer and you would like us to proofread or edit it, you can email it to us
If you have a CV on your home computer and you would like us to proofread or edit it, you can email it to us at: email@example.com. Please ensure you tell us what changes you would like done and we will e-mail your updated CV back to you.